Please call 406-426-4506 24 hours in advance to schedule a ride.
There is no charge for this service.
CART’S OPERATING HOURS: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, throughout Carbon County, 8 a.m. to 4: p.m.
Wednesdays: To Billings ONLY, by appointment. 1st and 3rd Wednesdays to Billings via Highways 308 and 310 ONLY. 2nd and 4th Wednesdays to Billings via Highway 212 ONLY.
USING CART TO GET TO BILLINGS
When calling to schedule your ride to Billings, we ask you to follow a few short steps to ensure we give you the quality ride you’re expecting:
1. In advance of your appointment: Please try to make sure your specialist appointment on Wednesdays. CART services to Billings ONLY ON WEDNESDAYS. Explain to the scheduling person you’ll be using Carbon County’s new transit service to get to your appointment, and ask for a Wednesday time.
2. Please try to schedule your appointment between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. to ensure a timely return home.
3. Make sure CART services along your highway on your Wednesday: CART services Highways 308/310 from Bearcreek to Fromberg on the first and third Wednesday of each month. CART services Highway 212 from Red Lodge to Joliet on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month.
Please note: When you request a ride, we may need time to arrange our travelling schedule to ensure the most efficient schedule for all our riders, including you. We will call you back to confirm your ride has been scheduled and a pickup time. Your request is NOT booked unless you have heard back from us
USING CART TO TRAVEL WITHIN CARBON COUNTY
When calling to schedule your ride within Carbon County, we ask you to follow a few short steps to ensure we give you the quality ride you’re expecting:
1. Call a minimum of 24 hours in advance to schedule a ride. If you leave a message, please leave your full name, number, and general nature of your request. We will return your call in a timely manner.
2. We will ask some questions, such as your address (or where to pick you up from), directions to your pickup location, time of your appointment/errand, the purpose of your trip, amount of time your appointment/errand will take, and where you are going. We may need time to arrange our traveling schedule to ensure the most efficient schedule for all our riders, including you. We will call you back to confirm your ride has been scheduled and a pickup time. Your request is NOT booked unless you have heard back from us.
3. On the day of the trip, we will call in advance of our arrival to assure you we are coming. Look for a white Dodge Caravan with the CART logo on the side.
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT CART AND ITS SERVICE
TYPES OF SERVICE: Doctor’s appointments, vaccine appointments, groceries, haircuts, physical therapy, luncheons, pharmacy, gyms, public/civic meetings, libraries, senior centers, recreation, banking and more!
PICK UP AND DROP OFF: We pick you up and drop you off right at your door. If you need us to pick you up or drop you off elsewhere, we can accommodate your needs. Unless you need us to wait for you at your destination, we may run additional errands or passengers in the area while you are at your destination. We will pick you back up at your designated time no matter what.
ADA ACCESSIBLE: The CART van is wheelchair and ADA accessible, with plenty of room. CART will be adding a larger, 13-passenger van to its fleet this summer!
There is no charge for this service. Call 406-426-4506 anytime to schedule your ride today. The more rides we give, the more likely the program will exist in the future. Help us out by scheduling your ride today!
The Carbon County Area Ride and Transit service will provide a safe, reliable, and affordable means of transportation, from healthcare appointments to everyday errands. A viable transportation system will improve the overall health of residents in our communities.
Operations will serve residents in Red Lodge, Roberts, Joliet, Bridger, Belfry, and Fromberg, as well as residents living within a three-mile radius of Highways 212 and 310. Residents along these highways will also have a fixed-route pickup once a month, taking them to the Billings medical campus.
Demand Response: This type of service is one that requires calling 24 hours in advance and being picked up at your door. The service will be free to any Carbon County residents, going anywhere in Carbon County.
Fixed Route: Stops along Highways 212 and 310 will be designated from Red Lodge to Rockvale and Belfry through Joliet. Stops will pick up at designated times and drop off at designated times, once a month.