The ABWF is a non-profit organization dedicated to inspiring people to protect and preserve Wilderness by developing their understanding and appreciation for the values and character of the Absaroka-Beartooth Wilderness.
ABWF goals are to:
(1) Promote stewardship of the ABWA and adjacent wildlands
(2) Foster community and individual support for wilderness values, programs, and projects
(3) Create opportunities for volunteer participation in wilderness and wildland programs and activities
(4) Develop and inspire people to understand wilderness and wildland values, characteristics, ethics, and ecology
(5) Foster long term relationships with individuals, communities, tribes, colleges and universities, organizations, businesses, and other agencies to achieve these goals.